WHAT IS A LEASE?
Need new stuff? Let our lease program with flexible purchase options help your family. Let’s break it down. Pardon the boring legal language.
Bristlecone Lending takes the basics of a lease concept and applies it to personal property. So, it’s just another way to pay for something you want with a few important differences.
A lease is an agreement between Bristlecone Lending (the lessor) and you (the lessee). We purchase a product from the retailer and lease the product to you. This way, you can possess a product that you might not otherwise be able to afford.
Each month, you pay us a monthly lease payment, which gives you the right to possess and use the property for that month. It works exactly like a car lease. If, at any point, you do not want to continue leasing the product, you can purchase ownership of the product from us.
Three Components to a Lease:
The lease has three components: (1) An “in-store or delivery payment” at the beginning of the lease; (2) “monthly payments” for the term of the lease; and (3) a lease “purchase option” during the lease or at the end of the lease.
When you sign the lease, you will make an in-store payment and take your product home with you or schedule a time for delivery and make the first payment at delivery.
You will pay us a low, fixed monthly payment in exchange for the right to possess and use the product for that particular month.
You have two purchase options if you want to stop leasing the product from us and purchase ownership. First, you can purchase ownership and end the lease early with our Early Buyout Option. Second, you can purchase ownership of the product at the end of the lease term if you don’t want to return the product to us.
Some Basic Definitions of Words You Will See in the Lease
Bristlecone Lending lease agreements are closed-end leases with flexible purchase options.
Closed-end lease agreements are arranged over a fixed amount of time. Bristlecone Lending lease agreements are generally 12 months. If a customer leases for the entire term and wants to purchase the product from us, the customer will make one final payment – the fair-market value (also known as the residual price). If the customer pays this amount, they will own the product and the lease contract will be over. If the customer does not want to purchase, they can return the leased product to us after the lease ends.
Fair-market value, or residual price, is the amount a leased product is worth at the end of a lease. This is the amount the customer must pay to us to become the owner of the leased property. This price is equal to the amount someone would pay for the same product from a third party (i.e. the product’s “fair market value”). If the lessee is unwilling to pay this fair market value at the end of a lease term, they are required to return the product to us.
More About Our Lease
- A lease is NOT a loan.
- We do not provide credit like loans provide credit.
- There are no interest rates.
- A customer cannot pay off a lease early by paying more each month.
- A lease is not rent-to-own.
- We purchase a product for a customer in need then lease that product to the customer.
- We give customers the option to purchase their leased products outright at any time during the lease or and at the end of the lease at its fair market value.
- Customers are not required to purchase. It is totally optional.
Benefits of a Bristlecone Lending Lease:
- Early Buyout Option (purchase option) at any time during the term of the lease.
- Customers can become the owner of their leased property at any time, if they want.
- Customers have the choice to keep the leased property or return it to us at the end of the lease.
- Down payment options can reduce the overall cost. The more money the customer puts down, the less the lease will cost.
- One of the highest approval rates in the industry.
- Customers who struggle to get traditional financing may qualify with Bristlecone Lending.
- 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee.